Senior Research Associate – WASH & Market
Job Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh with frequent field visit on an average 80%.
Number of post: TWO
Oxfam is looking for Two dynamic team players to work with the Oxfam in Bangladesh
This is a temporary fixed term National position. The contract duration of this position is 5 (five) months initially. (Only Bangladeshi national are eligible to apply).
He /she will be reportable to Sr. Program Officer (Public Health Promoter), and will work in close coordination with numbers of Partners, Alliances & project teams in Bangladesh.
The purpose of this position is to support in conducting on survey EMMA and PCMMA in hazard prone district of Bangladesh. Organize and manage local level program with business community, affected community and local government.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct survey using Emergency Market Mapping Analysis (EMMA) & Pri-crisis Market Mapping Analysis (PCMMA) tool for WASH market assessment.
- House Hold survey, community survey, market survey, KII with Govt. and Private sector
- Facilitate that project is closely linked with government institution (DDM and DPHE) and private sector.
- Organize meeting and event with Govt. departments and private sector.
- Recordkeeping and data completion of field survey and meeting/event minutes.
- Draft report preparation for all event and sharing
- Work closely with the ICT development team and support the application of the market mapping tool.
Skills and Competencies:
- Graduate studies in a relevant field (Social Science/ Marketing/ Civil Diploma with WASH background)
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research approach and social mobilization.
- Minimum 3 years experience in supporting role, working or investing in small and medium enterprises, preferably in the WASH/food sectors;
- Understanding about mobile based survey system.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills; understanding of economic development and market-based programming; and of socio-economic context in the country.
- Knowledge on market, value chain system and role of private sectors in development specially growing importance of micro and small enterprise & entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge and understanding of WASH in emergency and Emergency Management.
- Good in verbal and written communications skills (English), ability to convey ideas clearly and succinctly and confident speaker and able to represent the organisation.
- Excellent organisational, resource management and planning skills with ability to prioritise a complex workload to work under pressure to tight deadlines and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- A good appreciation of the importance of Gender and Vulnerability related to market based approaches in humanitarian programming.
- A network of relevant investment and development contacts to draw on.
Reward & Benefits:
An amount of BDT 368,562 will be paid per annum gross with other benefits e.g. contributory Provident fund etc.
If you feel you can make a difference please visit jobs/oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT2025(Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
Application Deadline: November 28, 2015 by 5:00 pm