Welcome to this blog’s 500th post…..
The ODI has launched a new website on ‘development success‘, with some great case studies.
China overtakes the US on sustainable energy finance – who’s walking the walk on climate change?
How about this for a US opinion poll?
· 54% think the UN needs to be strengthened.
· 64% want a standing UN peacekeeping force.
· 67% want the US to participate in an international treaty on climate change.
· 70% favor American participation in the International Criminal Court.
· 68% want cooperation with China, against just 28% who favor containment.
Series of excellent brief guides to how to use and understand statistics, c/o the British House of Commons library
Are Universities an essential service that must continue operating during future emergencies like SARS? Singapore thinks so and is running a test, shutting down its National University for a week to force all its lecturers to deliver classes online. In the UK, most university professors still haven’t got their heads round powerpoint.
What really happened in Copenhagen – a 40 minute documentary from IIED (make yourself a cup of tea while it’s downloading….)